A Family Owned and Operated Business
Gilmore Galleries was founded in 1917 by Joseph Gilmore Sr. and was orginally located in Sharspburg. During the 1950's, it was relocated to Rt. 30 in East McKeesport. Ownership passed to Joseph Gilmore Jr. who operated the auction & appraisal service with his wife & sons. In 1968 the Gallery was moved again to our present location in Rostraver Township, Belle Vernon. Joseph Gilmore, Jr. operated the business until 1982, and was succeed by James R. Gilmore. James is the current owner and operater of Gilmore Galleries along with his wife, and son Jeffrey apprentice auctioneer. The Gallery maintains a present working relationship with all major banks in the Pittsburgh area and approx. 600 attorneys. Our appraisals are accepted by PA Orphan's Court, Federal & State regulatory offices, with a specialization in estate liquidation, appraisals, inheritance taxes for both state and federal agencies. The Gilmore Gallery is a licensed Class 1 Federal Firearms Dealer (FFL) specializing in removal and liquidation of firearms. We have been a family owned and operated auctioneering & appraisal firm for over 90 years. For references please contact any major law firm in the Pittsburgh area, or contact Gilmore Galleries directly.